Almond Angel Cake
A Sunday Dinner without Mom's Angel Cake
topped with fresh strawberries and cream is
like having baked beans without the beans.
This recipe serves: 14
1 cup cake flour
1 1/2 cups superfine granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups egg whites (about 10 large eggs whites), at room temperature
1 1/4 teaspoons cream of tartar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Sift the flour twice with 1/2 cup of the sugar.
3. With an electric mixer on high speed, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until soft peaks form when the mixer is removed from the batter.
4. Add half of the remaining sugar and beat for 1 minute. Add the remaining sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating after each addition.
5. Stir in the vanilla and almond extract.
6. Fold the flour and sugar mixture into the egg whites, 1/4 cup at a time, just until incorporated.
7. Put the batter in an ungreased 10" tube pan and bake until the cake is light golden brown and springy to the touch, about 1 hour. Invert the pan and let the cake cool completely before removing from the pan.
Serving Size: 1 slice (1/14 of cake)
Back to Sunday Dinner
If you have a Sunday Dinner recipe you would like to share - e-mail
FarmGate General Store
FarmGate Home Notices Eastern Ontario Images General Store Washroom Evaluation Food Issues Raised Gardens Gardening Calendar Bookstore Health Issues G.E. Crops FarmGate Service Harvest Chart Articles General Store Governance Issues Links Saving Gas Habanero Peppers tdc's Froggy
Copyright © 2010
tdc Marketing and Management Consultation